If I could offer you a magic potion that would make you happier, healthier, more optimistic and more productive, and tell you that potion would cost nothing and will require very little effort to use, would you be interested? If this potion existed would you want some?
I think who will not want to have such a thing if it really existed? Unfortunately, I don’t have a potion that will do these things for you. But each of us has something even better than a potion that will do all of those things and more…….Gratitude.
Science tells us that an “attitude of gratitude” is a good health choice. Being more grateful more often makes us happier and more optimistic. But gratitude also adds to the bottom line – in very real ways. And the best news about gratitude is that it requires little time and no money. More you grateful more you will receive chances to be grateful about in your life.
Here is the Science behind the attitude of Gratitude that helps us grow:
- Newton’s third law of Motion: For every action, there isan equal and opposite reaction. The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object. If it applies to the objects than think for a minute that whether or not we human being are covered by this definition. Whether there is anything in this Universe that is not covered by this law. Now just replace the force with Gratitude and what you will receive will also be gratitude by the other forces of the universe.
- As you sow so shall you receive: This proverb explains the same science propounded in the Newton’s third law of Motion. It is applicable not only on physical things but also at subtle level on thoughts and emotions. That is why we say, “As you think so shall you become.” What we give that we receive.
Now let us know use of Attitude of Gratitude in our life:
- Gratitude Attracts What We Want.
- Gratitude Improves Relationships.
- Gratitude Reduces Negativity.
- Gratitude Improves Problem Solving Skills.
- Gratitude Helps Us Learn.
- Gratitude Makes Us Strong.
That’s Fine, But How?
At this point you may be thinking, OK, sounds great, but how can I really be more grateful, more often?
It’s really very easy.
Let’s practice right now.
- Make a list of five things you are grateful for right now. The list may vary from person to person and you can include from very small thing of getting a glass of water from your maid to building a big mansion for your family. But the list must be a written one. Therefore, write it down just now.
- Reflect on your list and allow yourself to feel good about these things.
- If there is a person you can thank or show your appreciation to, does that now too. Just give a quick call or email just to thank the other person. While doing so never think that other person will think that you are afraid of him/her.
You can do this exercise anytime, and you don’t have to stop at five things. In fact, it is a great idea to keep a running list in on daily basis in your Daily Journal, Planner or Notebook – this way you can return to your list anytime you wish, reinforcing your gratitude.
But at any moment you can make a list, bask in those thoughts, and share that thankfulness with others.
You’ve probably thought of being thankful as a good thing to do or the right thing to do. Make it a habit and in this way you will find that you have change yourself and the world around you. Hope you will start conquering yourself and Conquer Your World in a very short span of time due to application of Science of Gratitude.
Like, Comment & Share.